MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL
Here at To Your Health Sprouted Flour Co. we are very thankful to all of you, our cherished customers. Whether a long-time customer or new, we appreciate your business, your correspondence, your great recipes, and the opportunity to provide you and your family with fresh organic sprouted grains and flours. At 7:00 a.m. (CST) November 23rd our Merry Christmas FREE SHIPPING campaign begins. It will run until 4:00 p.m. (CST) December 26th. For all domestic orders of 15 pounds or more of SPROUTED products we will ship to you free. This is a great way to stock up on our organic sprouted (or un-sprouted) products for the holidays and upcoming new year.
FREE SHIPPING GUIDELINES:
from November 23 until December 26, 2012
- 15 Pounds Minimum Order
(any combination of our SPROUTED products)
- Domestic Orders Only
- No Discounted Orders
- One Address Per Order
- Not for Un–Sprouted products.
Back to top
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
This is a corrected reprint of Maria Lamb's Spiced Pumpkin Bread that ran in our November 2010 newsletter. We apologize for the wrong measures originally printed.
Makes one loaf:
- 1 ¼ cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- ½ cup organic apple sauce
- 2 large eggs, preferably pastured
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, raw or organic
- ¼ - ½ cup (depending on how sweet you want it) maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups sprouted spelt flour or sprouted flour of choice
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl stir pumpkin, water and apple sauce together. Lightly beat eggs and stir in. Stir maple syrup and melted butter together and add to mixture.
In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients (except walnuts) and mix well. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined. Fold in walnuts. Pour into a buttered 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Let cool for at least 10 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan.
Back to top
Special Added Promotion
Jane Ibbetson, author of Smart Eating Made Simple will be giving away one of her books each week to one of our customers during our Free Shipping campaign. We will draw the winner randomly each week from orders received.
Smart Eating Made Simple provides:
- A step-by-step guide of what to eat
- Scientific understanding of every plant nutrient
- Information regarding the healing power of plants
- An extensive list of evidence on disease prevention
- An abundance of plant-based recipes which she has tested and modified in her kitchen
The foreword is written by Andrew Whitley, founder of the celebrated Village Bakery in Melmerby and Bread Matters, Ltd, who is a uniquely experienced organic baker and author of the Andre' Simon Award-winning book, Bread Matters.
Jane Ibbetson , who holds a Master of Science in Nutrition, worked as educator and nutritional counselor for high-risk families. Jane and her husband live in Arizona and have 6 children and 12 grandchildren. Amazed that her parents completely changed their nutrition lifestyle, their youngest daughter says, "No one eats as healthy as my mom and dad."
Back to top