Gluten-Free Ancient Grains Bread
- CourseYeasted Breads
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice or sorghum flour (or 50/50)
- 2/3 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup sprouted yellow corn flour or cornmeal
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp bread machine or instant yeast
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ea omega-3 eggs
- 1 ea omega-3 egg white
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch (2 L) loaf pan with canola oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the sorghum and amaranth flours, cornmeal, quinoa flour, tapioca starch, brown sugar, xanthan gum, yeast and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a heavy-duty electric mixer with paddle attachment, combine the eggs, egg white, water, canola oil and vinegar until well blended. With the mixer on its lowest speed, slowly add the dry ingredients until combined. Stop the machine and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula. With the mixer on medium speed, beat for 4 minutes.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Remove from pan immediately and let loaf cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
* Never omit salt from a yeast bread recipe. It has an important function in yeast development.
Share this Recipe