Warm Lentil-and-Potato Salad
- CourseHoliday Recipes, Sides & Salads
- 1/2 cup dried sprouted lentils
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, halved
- 6-8 bacon slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- basil leaves for garnish
- Bring lentils and 4 cups of salted water to a boil in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20-25 minutes or just until tender.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover, 15 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain the lentils and potatoes.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add olive oil to hot drippings in skillet, and heat over medium heat. Sauté shallots, celery and garlic in hot olive oil mixture 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir in lentils, potatoes, bacon, and parsley.
- Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Share this Recipe