Spicy Tomatillo Quinoa
- 6 medium organic tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and divided
- 1 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped organic cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped organic onion
- 1 medium organic jalapeño, halved and seeded (optional)
- 1 clove organic garlic
- 1 cup sprouted organic quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- Cut 4 tomatillos in half and puree in blender or food processor with ¾ cup broth, ½ cup cilantro, onion, jalapeno, and garlic until mostly smooth. Add enough of the remaining broth to equal 2 cups total.
- Combine the tomatillo mixture, quinoa, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Chop the remaining 2 tomatillos. Stir into the quinoa along with corn and the remaining ¼ cup cilantro.
Share this Recipe