Carrot Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 3/4 cup coconut sap sugar (can reduce to 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large pastured or organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (or 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed orange zest
- 2 cups shredded organic carrots
- 3/4 cup whole organic buttermilk or kefir
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl measure the sprouted flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Stir in eggs, olive or coconut oil, and orange zest.
- Fold in shredded carrots and buttermilk.
- If batter is dry add buttermilk, one tablespoon at a time until batter is soft, but not runny.
- Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Great with butter or cream cheese.
Share this Recipe