- CoursePies & Pastries
- 2 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 cup sprouted yellow corn flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup whole organic buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 organic egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt into a food processor. Pulse a couple of times to combine. Add butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal (about 8-10 times).
- Add buttermilk, rind, and lemon juice. Pulse until just combined.
- Scrape dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle top of dough lightly with flour (dough will be soft). Pat dough into an 8-inch circle.
- Cut dough into 10 wedges. Brush wedges with egg white and sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Great with lemon curd or your favorite jam and lots of butter.
Share this Recipe