- 2 cups tyh sprouted wheat or spelt flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cups butter softened
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into the center.
- Work all ingredients together with hands until just combined.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Form dough into lumps of approximately 3–inches diameter and place on baking sheet.
- Make sure oven has reached 425, then bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Makes 8–10 biscuits.
We like to spread our biscuits with a mixture of molasses and softened butter. Enjoy! (Thank you! Rachel for sending this simple and delicious recipe to us. Biscuits are a great way to serve bread at breakfast and with soups and stews to warm up a cold winter day.)
Share this Recipe