Summer Sprouted Barley Salad
- CourseSides & Salads
|4 Serving Size 1 cup|
- 1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Pearl Barley
- 1 Cup Fresh Corn Kernels About 2 ears
- 1 Cup Diced Seeded Plum Tomato About 2 small tomatos
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 20 Kalamata Olives Pitted and Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 3/4 Cup (3 ounces) Crumbled Feta Cheese
Servings: Serving Size 1 cup
- Cook barley according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Cool completely.
- Combine barley, corn, and next 4 ingredients (through kalamata olives) in a bowl.
- Combine juice and next 4 ingredients (through garlic), stirring well with a whisk; drizzle over barley mixture.
- Toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Layer the ingredients in a mason jar for on the go-sprouted energy.
Adapted from the original recipe found on www.allrecipes.com
Share this Recipe