Springtime Pilaf with Salmon and Asparagus
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 6-oz. wild salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons organic or raw butter
- 2 cups diagonally cut organic asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 3 cups Hot cooked sprouted brown rice
- 1 cup sprouted or frozen organic green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf organic parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large skillet. Add salmon fillets, skin side up. Return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish with a slotted spoon and dispose of water. Cool fish slightly. Remove and discard skin. Break fish into large pieces.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Melt butter. Add asparagus and cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, peas, and broth. Cook 1 minute to heat through. Add salmon, parsley, and remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine. Cook 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Share this Recipe