Brandied Apricot Teacakes
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 6 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped (I use unsulfured)
- 1/2 cup organic currants
- 1/2 cup boiling filtered water
- 1/2 cup organic butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sap sugar
- 3 eggs, organic or pastured
- 2 cups sprouted white wheat or brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apricot brandy
- Powdered rapadura sugar (optional)
- Combine apricots and currants in a bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Beat butter; gradually add sugar, beating well with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with brandy, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Blend well. Stir in fruit mixture.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined miniature muffin pans, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pans and let cool on wire racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered rapadura for an added touch.
Share this Recipe