Pumpkin-Date Corn Bread
- 2 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 cup sprouted yellow corn flour
- 2/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons each aluminum-free baking powder AND baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup mashed organic pumpkin (or canned)
- 1 cup whole organic or raw milk
- 1 cup olive oil or 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 organic or pastured eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 5"x9" loaf pan with butter.
- Combine the flour, corn flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the dates, then the pumpkin, milk, oil, and eggs until well blended.
- Pour into pan. Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- *Variations: Substitute 1 cup golden or brown raisins for the dates or add 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans or macadamia nuts.
*Can substitute 1 cup water w/1 teaspoon lemon juice
Share this Recipe