Sprouted Lentil Flour Lemon Cookies
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 3/4 cup organic butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sap sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg, pastured or organic
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted lentil flour (or sprouted flour of choice)
- 1 teaspoon each: baking soda, ground ginger, allspice, and lemon zest
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Cream butter, sugar, and honey in a large bowl. Beat in the egg.
- Gradually sift the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger and allspice together. Stir into the creamed mixture. Add the lemon zest and mix thoroughly.
- Form the dough into 30 or so balls (about 1 rounded tablespoon each). Space them about 1" apart on the cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a spatula. Sprinkle additional sugar on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies are light brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional) for an extra zing.
Share this Recipe