Gluten-Free Fresh Sprouted Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup organic potato starch
- 2 teaspoons xanthum gum
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 eggs, preferably pastured or organic
- Combine the flour, starch, xanthum gum, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Add the lightly beaten eggs to the flour mixture. Blend until a dough forms. Note: Do not use your dough attachment. Use your batter beater or simply use your hands and don’t bother with a mixer.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Using a pasta machine, roll out the dough into a thin sheet. Dust with additional rice flour if needed. You can also use a rolling pin and roll the dough into a thin sheet. Cut into thin strips (a pizza wheel works great).
- Boil the pasta in salted water until cooked (3-5 minutes). Toss with your favorite sauces and toppings and serve hot.
Share this Recipe
Homemade Sprouted Pasta
- CourseSides & Salads
- 2/3 cup sprouted KAMUT flour
- 2/3 cup sprouted red wheat flour
- 2/3 cup almond or coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs, preferably pastured or organic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add eggs and olive oil.
- Mix dough until a ball is formed.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead about 2 minutes.
- Don't overwork the dough. Cover with plastic wrap or towel and let dough rest 15-20 minutes.
- Roll dough out thin (1/4" or thinner), cut strips of pasta 1/4" wide with a pizza wheel.
- Bring 8 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Season with sea salt to taste.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Remove to bowl or platter and add your favorite sauce, butter, or olive oil and enjoy!
Share this Recipe