- 1 cup organic butter, softened
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Cream together butter and cheese.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, pepper, and salt.
- Add to butter and cheese mixture and blend together until creamy.
- Place mixture on wax paper and form a ball.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Roll out refrigerated dough until thin.
- Cut out 1-inch circles using a bottle cap or very small cookie cutter.
- Put 1 pecan half on the left or right edge of each dough circle.
- Fold dough over and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake about 15 minutes until browned.
- Let cool slightly on pan.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Share this Recipe