Cheesy Grits Souffle
- 4 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 cups uncooked Sprouted Yellow Corn Grits
- 3 cups filtered water or chicken stock
- 3 cups whole organic milk
- 1.5 cups fresh organic corn kernels or frozen
- 6 large organic or pastured eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 oz.) sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- 6 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 0.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 9x13” or 3-quart baking dish. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon sea salt to a boil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking often for 12-15 minutes until thickened. Whisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes or until grits are creamy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in corn, next 7 ingredients, and remaining salt. Spread mixture in the prepared dish. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until puffed, firm around the edges, and slightly soft in the center. Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before serving
Share this Recipe