- CoursePies & Pastries
- 2 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 cup sprouted yellow corn flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup whole organic buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 organic egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt into a food processor. Pulse a couple of times to combine. Add butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal (about 8-10 times).
- Add buttermilk, rind, and lemon juice. Pulse until just combined.
- Scrape dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle top of dough lightly with flour (dough will be soft). Pat dough into an 8-inch circle.
- Cut dough into 10 wedges. Brush wedges with egg white and sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Great with lemon curd or your favorite jam and lots of butter.
Share this Recipe
Summer Sprouted Barley Salad
- CourseSides & Salads
|4 Serving Size 1 cup|
- 1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Pearl Barley
- 1 Cup Fresh Corn Kernels About 2 ears
- 1 Cup Diced Seeded Plum Tomato About 2 small tomatos
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 20 Kalamata Olives Pitted and Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 3/4 Cup (3 ounces) Crumbled Feta Cheese
Servings: Serving Size 1 cup
- Cook barley according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Cool completely.
- Combine barley, corn, and next 4 ingredients (through kalamata olives) in a bowl.
- Combine juice and next 4 ingredients (through garlic), stirring well with a whisk; drizzle over barley mixture.
- Toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Layer the ingredients in a mason jar for on the go-sprouted energy.
Adapted from the original recipe found on www.allrecipes.com
Share this Recipe