Quinoa Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup sprouted organic quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted organic garbanzo beans, cooked (or 1 can organic, rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 organic red bell pepper, thinly sliced (can use a roasted red pepper if fresh not available)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each Sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh organic mixed greens of choice
- 1 organic avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sprouted organic sesame seeds
- Bring 2 cups of filtered water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and keep covered 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss garbanzo beans, oil and spices in a bowl until beans are well coated. Bake them on a baking sheet lined with parchment for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil, cilantro, pepper, salt and paprika in a blender and mix on high until smooth.
- In 2 salad or soup bowls, arrange quinoa, greens, avocado, bell pepper and garbanzo beans. Drizzle the cilantro sauce over everything. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe