Fresh Rosemary Muffins
- CourseBread, Cakes & Cookies
- 3/4 cup whole organic milk
- 1/2 cup organic golden raisins
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic butter
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted organic sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large organic egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring often for 2 minutes or just until it begins to steam. Remove from heat. Stir in butter until it melts. Cool completely.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir the egg into the milk mixture until well blended. Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter into each cup of a lightly greased 12-cup muffin pan. Add 2 teaspoons of goat cheese to each cup. Spoon remaining batter evenly over goat cheese in each cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove muffins from pan.
Share this Recipe