- CourseCakes & Cookies
- organic butter (For Pan)
- 1 1/2 Cups cups organic sprouted flour (we suggest sprouted white wheat or sorghum flour)
- 1/2 Cup plus 1/3 Cup Organic Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup Organic Un-sweetend Cocoa Powder (Not Dutch process)
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg or Allspice
- 1 1/4 Cups organic sugar
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Large eggs Preferably Pastured
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Medium Organic Zucchini Gated and Squeezed dry
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch square cake pan. Dust the pan with sprouted flour, tapping out the excess.
- Toss ½ cup chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon sprouted flour in a small bowl. Whisk the remaining flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat the sugar, ½ cup olive oil, the eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and pale, about 3 minutes. Add the flour-cocoa mixture and beat on low speed until combined (the batter will be thick). Add the zucchini and combine well. Fold in the flour-coated chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Combine the remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon olive oil and the honey in a small saucepan. Heat just until the chocolate is melted. Stir and spread over the cake, then cut into pieces.
Recipe provided by Food Network.
Share this Recipe
Organic Zucchini Muffins
- CourseBatter Breads, Yeasted Breads
- 3 Cups Grated Fresh Zucchini
- 2/3 Cup Organic Melted Butter
- 1 1/3 Cup sugar
- 2 eggs preferably pastured
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 Cups organic sprouted flour (we suggest sprouted white wheat or sorghum flour)
- 2 Teaspoons Organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg or Allspice
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup raisins or dried cranberries (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large bowl combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Stir these dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture. (Do not over-mix!) Stir in walnuts, raisins or cranberries if using.
- Coat each muffin cup in your muffin pan with a little butter or vegetable oil spray. Use a spoon to distribute the muffin dough equally among the cups, filling the cups up completely.
- Bake on the middle rack until muffins are golden brown, and the top of the muffins bounce back when you press on them, about 20 to 25 minutes. Test with a long toothpick or a thin bamboo skewer to make sure the center of the muffins are done.
- Set on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the tin let cool another 20 minutes.
Recipe provided by simplyrecipe.com
Share this Recipe