Firecracker Fried Chicken
- 8 chicken drumsticks, 16 wings cut in half or 8 thick breast slices
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I love Pete's)
- 1/3 cup sprouted white wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon sprouted yellow corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups lard or beef tallow for fying (I prefer beef tallow)
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Pour hot sauce over chicken, seal bag and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours. The longer it marinates, the spicier it will be.
- Combine the flours and salt in another resealable plastic bag. Shake to blend. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat lard or tallow in a large, deep skillet to medium high heat.
- Add chicken and fry, uncovered, for 25–30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Turn occasionally to brown evenly.
Share this Recipe