Sauvignon Blanc Pound Cake
- CourseCakes & Cookies, Holiday Recipes
- 2/3 cup organic whole milk
- 1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc*
- 1 cup organic butter, softened
- 2 cups maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 4 large organic or pastured eggs
- 3 cups sprouted wheat, brown rice, or sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * If you want a sweeter cake you can substitute a sweet white wine for the Sauvignon Blanc.
Sauvignon Blanc Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered rapadura
- 2 tablespoons Sauvignon Blanc*
- 1 ablespoon organic milk
- * Can substitute with milk to make appropriate for children and non-imbibers. The wine in the cake batter will have had all its alcohol dissipate in the baking process.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Brush onto or drizzle over warm or cool cake.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup tube or Bundt pan. Stir together milk and wine; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 – 30 minutes (check cake for doneness at 1 hour and 15 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack. Brush or drizzle Sauvignon Blanc Glaze over top and sides of cake.
- Cool completely.
Share this Recipe