My Favorite Mexican Cornbread
- 2 organic or pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lard, melted
- 1 cup sprouted yellow corn flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (whole fat)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-5 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic corn kernels
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased square glass baking dish (double recipe for a 9x13“ baking dish).
- Bake for 1 hour @ 350 degrees until lightly browned on top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into squares for serving.
- This cornbread is simply the best!
- I serve it with hardy soups or chili in the fall and winter months.
Share this Recipe