Sweet Potato Cornbread
- 2 cups sprouted organic yellow corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar or sucanat
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 large eggs, organic or pastured
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about 1 ½ lb. sweet potatoes)
- 8 ounces full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (organic or raw)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and powder, salt, sugar and pie spice in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, sweet potatoes, sour cream and butter; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a lightly buttered 9" square pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
NOTE: Top each slice with mounds of shredded pork barbeque and creamy cole slaw or fermented onions and peppers. Yum
Share this Recipe