- CourseBatter Breads, Cakes & Cookies
- 1 pound freshly peeled and sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened apple juice*
- 1 3/4 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 cup organic sugar (or sweeetner of choice)
- 1 teaspoon each aluminum-free baking powder AND baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, preferably pastured
- 4 tablespoon melted butter, preferably raw or organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook peaches and apple juice in a saucepan over medium–high heat, stirring often for 15 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Process the peach mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Combine flour and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in peach puree, egg, melted butter, and vanilla; blend well. Stir in almonds.
- Pour into a greased and floured ceramic or glass loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cover with a parchment tent after 30 minutes if excessive browning occurs. Bake additional 15 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Very special served with homemade vanilla ice cream topped with a dash of freshly ground nutmeg.
* You may replace apple juice with dry white wine or dark rum, depending on your tastes and preferences.
Share this Recipe