Cheesy Grits Souffle
- 4 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 2 cups uncooked sprouted yellow grits
- 3 cups whole organic milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic corn kernels (or frozen)
- 6 large organic or pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter a 9x13 or 3-quart baking dish. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon sea salt to a boil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Gradually whisk in grits and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking often for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Whisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until grits are creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn, next 7 ingredients, and the remaining 3 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Spread mixture in the prepared dish. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until puffed, firm around the edges, and slightly soft in the center.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Share this Recipe