Buttermilk-Poppy Seed Muffins
- CourseBreakfast, Cakes & Cookies, Pies & Pastries
- 2 cups sprouted flour (your choice)
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk, preferably organic
- 3 large eggs, preferably pastured
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic butter, melted
- Orange Glaze
- 1 cup Powdered rapadura
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk together buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in melted butter.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased or lined 12–cup muffin pan, filling three–fourths full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan to a wire rack and drizzle with Orange Glaze.
Share this Recipe