Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 8 tablespoons organic butter, divided
- 3 (8 oz.) packages fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup sprouted white wheat flour
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces homemade or organic chicken stock, reduced by half
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute 10-12 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons of butter in Dutch oven.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. whisk for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in cream and next 2 ingredients.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms.
- Use immediately or cool completely.
Can be frozen in zip lock bags for future use. Use 1 1/4 cup portions when freezing to replace a can of mushroom soup called for in recipes.
Share this Recipe