Orange and Olive Oil Fragrant Cake
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 2 cups oragainc sprouted flour of choice (great with sorghum flour), plus more for dusting pan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 4 large organic or pastured eggs
- 1 cup organic sugar (can substitute Lakanto or reduce sugar to 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Grated Orange Zest
- 1 cup fresh organic orange juice
- 1 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Confectioners’ sugar (can substitute Lakanto powdered sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 10-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Butter the paper and side of the pan and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar, orange zest and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the orange juice and olive oil. At a low speed, gradually beat the orange juice mixture into the egg mixture. Gradually beat in the 2 cups of flour (maybe 3 additions) until a smooth batter forms.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick test comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Unmold and discard parchment. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Share this Recipe