Sprouted Lentil Granola
- CourseCakes & Cookies, Dessert, Sides & Salads
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup TYH sprouted organic lentils
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Olive or avocado oil
- 2 cups TYH sprouted organic rolled oats
- 3/4 cup TYH sprouted organic sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup ground organic flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup chopped TYH sprouted organic almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded organic coconut
- 4 tablespoons Organic peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic dried cranberries
- Simmer lentils in boiling water for 5 minutes or until just tender but still al dente.
- Drain lentils well and spread on tray to cool.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine 1/3 cup honey, ½ teaspoon vanilla, and oil in the saucepan you used to cook the lentils. Toss lentils into the honey mixture and blend well.
- Spread the coated lentils on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir and continue baking in 5-minute cycles until lentils are honey-colored and crunchy. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine oats, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, almonds, and coconut in a medium bowl. Combine peanut butter, salt, 1/3 cup honey, and ½ teaspoon vanilla in another bowl and blend well. Add peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir until evenly blended.
- Spread oat mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes. Stir after every 10-minutes until browned to your preference. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl crumble lentil mixture and oat mixture together. Add cranberries and mix well. Store in air-tight container and enjoy as a snack or cereal.
Share this Recipe
Sprouted Chocolate Oat Clusters
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 2 tablespoons Organic peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons whole organic or raw milk
- 1/4 cup Organic Semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sprouted rolled oats
- Place nut butter, milk, and chocolate chips in a medium sized heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat until chips melt. Stir well to incorporate ingredients.
- Add rolled oats. Remove from heat and stir to coat oats well.
- Using a spoon, drop 8 ball-shaped portions of the mixture on a wax paper or parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to set before serving.
Share this Recipe