Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 1/2 cup organic butter, softened
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 large egg, pastured or organic
- 1 cup sprouted organic buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup sprouted white wheat flour (or sprouted flour of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 cup organic semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add vanilla and egg, blending well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. Add to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. I like to sprinkle the top of each cookie with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies will look slightly underdone. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Share this Recipe