Sprouted Bourbon Peach Cobbler
- 12 cups peach slices (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed organic light brown sugar (or coconut sap sugar)
- 3 tablespoons organic sprouted flour of choice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic sprouted white wheat flour (can substitute g-f sprouted flour*)
- 3/4 cup organic sprouted red wheat flour (can substitute g-f sprouted flour*)
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons very cold unsalted organic butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup organic whole buttermilk plus more for brushing
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9”x13” glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Combine peaches, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and pinch of salt in a large bowl. Transfer to the baking dish. Drizzle with bourbon or vanilla. Tightly cover with foil and bake until the fruit is steaming. About 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the other flours, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and rub with your fingers or use a pastry cutter until the pieces are smaller in size, but visible.
- When the peaches are steaming, add buttermilk over the flour mixture and stir with a fork until just combined. Dollop the topping on top of the hot fruit. Lightly brush the dough with buttermilk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes before serving. Great with vanilla ice cream!
*Baker’s note: I recommend sprouted sorghum flour for a gluten-free version to get the same taste profile as sprouted wheat flour.
Share this Recipe
Sprouted Corn Muffins with Honey Mascarpone
- CoursePies & Pastries
- 1 cup organic sprouted flour of choice
- 1 cup organic sprouted yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup organic sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large organic or pastured eggs
- 1 cup organic whole buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 stick organic unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup organic corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Whisk in the dry ingredients, then fold in the corn kernels.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool further.
- In a small bowl, whisk mascarpone with the honey and a pinch of salt. Serve with muffins.
Share this Recipe