Naturally Sweetened Chewy Molasses Cookies
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 2 cups sprouted flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons Unsalted Organic Butter softened
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup organic black strap molasses
- 2 eggs
- organic turbinado sugar for dusting
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together at medium speed the butter, honey, and molasses until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing for about 30 seconds each.
- Lower the stand mixer speed to slow and incorporate the flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the dough for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the turbinado sugar into a bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough between your hands into 1” balls. Roll the balls into the turbinado sugar and place on top of the parchment lined cookie sheet, 12 cookies at a time.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Share this Recipe