Creamy Sprouted Polenta
- 4 cups Stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup White cooking wine
- 1 cup Sprouted Yellow Corn Meal
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Organic unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream
- If using the standard method, add water to a 3-quart saucier or saucepan and set over high heat. Sprinkle in cornmeal while whisking (water does not have to be boiling). 3. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Let boil, stirring frequently, until polenta thickens enough that it starts to spit. Lower heat immediately to prevent spitting and continue to cook, stirring frequently with a spoon or silicone spatula and scraping bottom to prevent scorching, until polenta becomes thick and pulls away from side of saucepan, about 30 minutes for pre-soaked cornmeal and 50 minutes for dry cornmeal. Season with salt. 4. Stir in butter or olive oil using either a spoon, silicon spatula, or whisk. If polenta forms lumps, beat vigorously with a stiff whisk to remove. If polenta becomes too firm or begins to set, add a small amount of water, stock, or milk, and beat in with a whisk until fully incorporate and no lumps remain. 5. Serve right away with accompaniment of your choice, or scrape into a vessel and chill until set, then cut into pieces for grilling, searing, or frying.
- Add stock and wine to a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Whisk in cornmeal, whisking well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir frequently with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom to make sure it doesn't scorch. Simmer and stir until polenta thickens. Add butter, heavy cream and salt and pepper. Continue stirring until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve with your favorite stew or roasted vegetables.
Share this Recipe
Mushroom & Walnut Stuffing
- CourseHoliday Recipes, Sides & Salads
- 14 cups Sprouted bread, cubed (1/2-inch cube)
- 8 tablespoons Organic unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound Organic mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup Sherry
- 2 Medium organic yellow onions, chopped
- 5 Ribs organic celery, chopped
- 4 Cloves organic garlic, shopped
- 2-3 cups Home-made or organic chicken broth
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic or pastured
- 1/4 teaspoon Each, sea salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup Walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Fresh organic parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Each, fresh organic thyme and rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread cubed bread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until dry but not toasted, stirring occasionally; about 30 minutes.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add sherry and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until tender and onions are translucent, about 7 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine bread cubes, mushroom mixture, walnuts, Swiss cheese, parsley, thyme, and rosemary. Toss gently to blend.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat combine 4 tablespoons butter and 2 cups chicken broth. Heat gently until butter melts. Whisk in eggs and 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt.
- Pour mixture over bread and gently fold with a spatula until completely coated. Let stand 15 minutes. Fold again. Add up to 1 cup additional chicken broth if needed.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish and bake until bread is golden; 35-45 minutes.
Share this Recipe