- 4 pastured or organic eggs
- 2 cups maple sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups sprouted white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups organic carrots, grated
- 1 8- oz. package cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons organic butter, softened
- 1/3 cup rapadura or maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs until fluffy; add sugar gradually.
- Pour oil into sugar mixture slowly; beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to batter in 3 additions; beat well after each.
- Fold in carrots.
- Pour into 3 well-buttered 9–inch layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely and ice.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and butter together until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and blend.
- Add the sugar slowly to blend and then mix on high until the sugar has dissolved and the frosting is light and smooth.
- Spread between cooled cake layers and on top and sides.
Share this Recipe