- 2 packets of Dry Active yeast
- 1/2 cup + 3-4 tablespoons warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 2 cups small-curd (whole fat) cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup date or maple sugar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 1/2 sprouted wheat flour
- melted butter
- Combine yeast and warm water in a large mixing bowl; stir and set aside.
- Heat cottage cheese over low heat until lukewarm.
- Stir cottage cheese, sugar, caraway seeds, salt, soda, and eggs into yeast mixture.
- Gradually add sprouted flour, stirring until dough leaves the sides of the mixing bowl. I like to use my hands or my Kitchen Aide stand mixer.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 1 hour.
- Stir dough down. Spoon into two well-greased muffin pans.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter. Makes 2 dozen muffins.
Share this Recipe