- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. chili sauce (preferably organic if you can find it)
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/8 tsp. for less heat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lbs raw unpeeled extra-large shrimp, rinsed
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until well blended, about 10 minutes.
- Place shrimp in 2 9x12” glass dishes.
- Pour sauce over shrimp, cover well and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Bake uncovered for 35–45 minutes, stirring once during baking time.
- Serve with lots of bread and perhaps a fresh salad.
Share this Recipe