Delicious Banana Pudding
- 12 oz. heavy cream
- 12 oz. raw milk
- 5 pastured egg yolks (save the whites for meringue)
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sap sugar (you can use your own choice of sweetener)
- 5 tbsp sprouted wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp raw organic butter
- 4-5 ripe bananas, sliced
- Line a 9 x 13” glass or ceramic dish with tea cakes (see recipe above).
- Cover the tea cakes with sliced bananas.
- In a heavy sauce pan whisk together cream, milk and egg yolks.
- Stir the flour into the sugar and add to liquid in pan.
- Blend well with whisk.
- Add vanilla.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring often until thickened (pudding consistency).
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted and blended.
- Pour pudding over bananas.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place egg whites in a clean bowl.
- Using an electric mixer beat until stiff peaks begin to form. Add a pinch of salt and 3 tablespoons coconut sap sugar. Beat a little longer.
- Spread meringue evenly over pudding. Brown slightly in oven for 5–10 minutes. Dig in
Share this Recipe