Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
- CourseBatter Breads
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted flour, sifted gluten or gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons whole fat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup golden organic raisins or chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a standard ceramic or glass loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a mixing bowl.
- With a spoon, stir in sugar, eggs, coconut oil and milk. Stir to blend.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, pecans and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Let cool another 15 minutes before slicing.
With sweet potatoes and pecans in season, this is a great breakfast or tea bread to serve up. You could even substitute roasted butternut squash and walnuts for a different version. This recipe works well with traditional sprouted flour as well as a couple of our non-gluten sprouted flours.
Share this Recipe