Carrot-Walnut Sprouted Loaf Cake
- CourseCakes & Cookies
- 1 cup organic avocado oil
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon organic sprouted flour of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 large organic or pastured eggs
- 1 cup organic sugar (can substitute Lakanto or reduced sugar to 3/4 cup)
- 8 oz. organic carrots, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons organic light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil and flour a 9x5” loaf pan. Whisk together baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and 1 ¼ cups flour in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, toss raisins, walnuts, and remaining 1 tablespoon flour.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. With mixer running, gradually drizzle in 1 cup oil, then add vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients, raisin mixture, and carrots. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake cake for 65-75 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean. Let cool slightly in pan on wire rack then remove and cool completely.
Share this Recipe