Spiced Pumpkin Biscuits
- 9 ounces sprouted flour (about 2 cups), plus extra your choice of flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons full-fat buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons cold organic butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup organic canned pumpkin, or fresh baked pumpkin, pureed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Chill 10 minutes.
- Combine buttermilk and honey with whisk until well blended.
- Add canned pumpkin and blend well.
- Combine buttermilk, honey and pumpkin mixture with flour mixture until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times.
- Roll dough into a ½-inch thick 9x5" rectangle and dust top with flour.
- Fold dough crosswise into thirds. Reroll dough and repeat process.
- Gently roll or pat to a ¾" thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut about 14 biscuits from dough.
- Place biscuits 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool 2 minutes on wire racks.
- Serve warm with lots of butter.
Share this Recipe