- 2 cups sprouted wheat or white wheat flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (whole fat) milk
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in cheese and raisins. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. (If dough is too dry add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a moistened batter.)
- Spoon batter into greased and floured muffin pans.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Yield about 14 muffins.
Share this Recipe