- 1 1/2 cup sprouted white wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup sprouted rye flour
- 2 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3/4 cup lard
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoons (full fat) milk
- Combine first 5 ingredients and mix well.
- Cut in lard with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (If dough is too dry add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a pliable dough consistency.)
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly about 10 times.
- Roll dough to ½ inch thickness; cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Yield about 15 biscuits.
Share this Recipe