Breakfast Bread Pudding
- CourseBreakfast, Pies & Pastries
- 1 1/2 pounds pork or turkey sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 5 organic or pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 slices sprouted bread, cubed (see bread machine recipe).
- 1 1/2 cups full fat milk (see baking tips for substitutes)
- 3 green onions including greens, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or cheese of choice
- Cook and drain sausage.
- Mix with cubed bread and pour into a greased 9x13“ baking dish.
- Mix milk, eggs and green onions.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut in generous squares.
Share this Recipe