Congratulations to to our April 2019 Instagram Recipe Winner, Victoria Rose @heartywellness with our Sprouted Hummus!
- 2 cups To Your Health organic sprouted garbanzo beans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 4 cloves raw garlic (add more or less for personal preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt (add more or less for personal preference)
- 1/2 cup Obour tahini (other brands are also acceptable)
- 1 cup cold water (more or less if needed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (add additional for topping)
- 1 tablespoon quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs chopped parsley
- Soak garbanzo beans in filtered water overnight, lightly cover and store in the fridge.
- Drain garbanzo beans and rinse.
- Place garbanzo beans and baking soda in a small pot, bring the water to a boil on stovetop.
- Monitor the boiling process to avoid the water from boiling over. Lower the heat if necessary and stir occasionally.
- Cook for about an hour, garbanzo beans should be thoroughly cooked with skins coming off and having a soft texture.
- Drain the garbanzo beans with a strainer and give them a good rinse.
- Place garbanzo beans, lemon juice, garlic, salt, tahini, and cumin into a food processor and blend until smooth – pulse if needed to make sure the ingredients are well incorporated, pause and scrape the sides of the container too if necessary.
- Once the mixture is well blended gradually add cold water, pausing to check consistency – add more water until you achieve desired texture.
- Taste the hummus and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Plate the hummus and top with more olive oil, cumin, and parsley.
- Can be stored in fridge for about 1 week. Serve with crackers, fresh vegetables, or pita bread.
Garnish additions per preference: roasted garlic, seasonings, pine nuts, etc
Share this Recipe