Sprouted Irish Soda Bread
Congratulations to Cortney Bruce @sweetashoney.desserts for her Sprouted Irish Soda Bread made with our Sprouted Ancient Grains Baking Mix, winner of our March 2019 recipe contest!
- 3 1/2 cups Sprouted Ancient Baking Mix, Sprouted Red Wheat Flour, Sprouted White Wheat Flour, or Sprouted Spelt Flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (For a dairy-free/vegan option, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar to your choice of nondairy milk and let sit for 5 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until everything comes together and form into a smooth ball.
- Lightly flour the surface and score in a cross pattern about 1 inch deep. Baked on ungreased baking sheet about 35 minutes. The bread is done when the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
The bread is best eaten the same day. Wrap tightly and store for 2-3 days. I find the bread is the best toasted if served after the first day.
Share this Recipe