Improved Pizza Crust
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups sprouted flour (red wheat or spelt works best)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs of choice (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix well.
- Continue to blend for about 2 minutes.
- Let dough rise in processor bowl for about 1 hour.
- Remove dough from bowl and spread with fingers onto a baking sheet or pizza pan that has been lightly bushed with olive oil.
- Let dough rest for 15–20 minutes. Load with favorite toppings.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12–15 minutes.
- Let pizza rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
I like to preheat my oven for 1 hour with a pizza stone on the bottom shelf. Preheating for this length of time helps heat to evenly distribute throughout your oven for even baking of your crust.
Share this Recipe