Slow Cooker Sprouted Green Pea Soup
- CourseSoups & Stews
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh parsley + 8-10 Parsley Stems
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Pound Sprouted Green Peas Soaked overnight to rehydrate (drain well)
- 1 Large Leek White and light green party only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 2 Carrots Chopped
- Sea Salt and Ground Pepper
- 1 Smoked Turkey Leg 1-1 1/2 Pounds
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Frozen green peas thawed
- Crusty Sprouted Bread For serving (optional)
- Tie the parsley stems and thyme together with kitchen string and place in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the peas, leek, celery, carrots, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the turkey leg and 7 cups filtered water. Cover and cook on low until the peas and meat are tender, 6-8 hours.
- Discard the herb bundle. Discard the skin and bones from the turkey leg and shred the meat. Vigorously stir the soup to break up the peas and make the soup smoother. Stir in the chopped parsley and about ¾ of the turkey meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Spoon yogurt onto the soup. Top with the thawed peas and the remaining turkey. Serve with bread if desired.
Share this Recipe