Sprouted Cheddar Cornbread with Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup whole organic buttermilk
- 1 10-oz. package frozen organic cream-style corn, thawed (can used canned corn)
- 2 cups sprouted yellow corn flour or meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 4.5 oz. can chopped green chilis, drained
- organic butter to grease pan
- 1/4 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients but the pumpkin seeds in a large bowl, stirring until blended and moistened. Spoon into an 8-inch square baking dish that’s been lightly greased with butter. Sprinkle the top of the batter with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and cut into small squares for serving.
Share this Recipe