Gluten-Free Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- CourseBatter Breads, Breakfast
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sucanat or coconut sap sugar
- 1 cup maple or organic sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted sorghum flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned organic pumpkin (or freshly cooked and mashed)
- 1 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened organic dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and cream cheese (I use an electric stand mixer) until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed. Stir in pumpkin and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon batter into 2 lightly greased (12-cup) muffin pans, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle with Pumpkin Pie Streusel.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack and cool 20 minutes.
Pumpkin Pie Streusel
- Stir together 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 cup muscavado or coconut sap sugar, 1 tablespoon sprouted flour, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
Share this Recipe