Quinoa: An Ancient Food Back in Fashion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 1 organic clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup sprouted quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or organic chicken stock
- 1 14 oz. can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in hot water and drained (optional)
- Stir together the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, curry powder, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, stir in the drained garbanzo beans, toasted pine nuts, and raisins.
- Serve warm or cold.
Share this Recipe